When visiting a bridal boutique, you will be greeted by an array of gown collection! The wedding gowns are typically separated by 3 basic silhouettes.
1) Ballgown or typically known as the princess ballgown
1. It is a suitable cutting for brides of all figure!
2. The big ballgown and fitting bodice gives a slimming effect on the waist.
3. Despite the big skirt, it is easier to maneuver and walk around with the can-can inside.
1. It maybe too grand for some bride’s preference.
2. Mermaid Silhouette
1. It is definitely the go-to-gown if you wish to flaunt your hourglass figure. It hugs your curves and showcase your figures perfectly as you strut down the aisle.
2. They are not heavy, it is suitable for every venue and occasion, both indoor and outdoor.
1. It is more restricting on your movements, when you walk and sit.
3. A-line, Fit & Flare
1. Similar to a mermaid silhouette, a-line and fit and flare gowns is more fitting and flows down smoothly.
2. It is not body hugging thus really comfortable.
3. If you want something simple yet elegant, you can always go for a a-line gown, you will never go wrong with it!
4. If you are bottom heavy, other than a ballgown, you can also opt for a a-line/fit & flare gowns. It is able to flow down smoothly from your waist down or conceal the little tummy that you are concern about!
1. Some may find it too simple of a silhouette.
After the little introductions of these 3 common and essential gown silhouette, it is definitely not sufficient to help you make any decisions! The best advice is definitely to try them on yourself to see which one fits best!
Make an appointment with us to arrange for a complimentary gown fitting session and also find out which gown suits you best!